You’ve been injured in a car accident? Did your Uber from Tampa International Airport (TIA) fail to stop at a stop sign? Were you hit by someone speeding through downtown?
No matter the circumstances, you’ve been left with the injuries and the totaled car, and now you’re wondering what to do. We are here to walk you through the different stages of your personal injury case.
What to do in a personal injury case
After you’ve been released from medical care and are at home, the first step you take should be toward Brooks Law Group.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to make the effort to come to our Tampa office just yet. It all begins when you fill out our FREE consultation request. This is how we get a little bit of information so we best know where to start and what kind of services you’ll need. Following that simple request online though, what happens?
When you choose Brooks Law Group to represent you in your case, there are several stages you’ll experience:
- intake and processing of all information
- the investigation into all of the evidence provided
- your medical care and treatment process to restore your health and wellness following the trauma
- insurance negotiations
- filing of your lawsuit (if necessary, following the negotiations)
- eventually mediation and/or a trial
The important first stage of your personal injury case
The very beginning stage though, the intake of all of your information and processing the evidence, is perhaps the most important.
During this first phase of your case, one of our personal injury case managers will collect information
- about you
- your injury history
- and what happened in the accident.
- Your case manager will also gather any pictures of your injuries and property damage.
During this period, your role and top priority are to begin (or continue) all recommended treatment with doctors and follow any medical orders closely. It is very important that you keep ALL appointments and hold on to documentation with their treatment protocols, medications, etc. You will be asked to fill out an impact questionnaire during this initial phase of your case as well.
Once we have all of your information, we will be doing a lot of work for your case behind the scenes while you focus on healing and recovering under your doctor’s care.
- set up a file for you
- contact the insurance companies involved with your case
- request all medical records from prior similar injuries
- order insurance information from the defendant, the accident report, a videotape of the accident, and the spoliation letter
- add all photo evidence, and witness statements (if applicable).
As we build this file, we organize the information to make it easier for your attorney to evaluate your case.