In most cases you do need an attorney. The insurance companies are billion dollar businesses staffed with attorneys and adjusters who do this everyday. In order to level the playing field you need an attorney. Often the insurance company for the person who caused the injury will try to settle with you before you have an opportunity to retain an attorney. The reason for this is that the insurance company knows it can probably settle the case for less money if you do not have a lawyer. We will investigate your case and obtain the necessary witness statements, documents, photographs, and other materials to protect your rights.

No. The initial consultation is free. Furthermore, we work on a contingency fee basis – we only get paid if we help you collect money.

Throughout your case, a lawyer, a legal assistant and a paralegal will be assigned to you for the handling of your claim.

In the event your injury prevents you from traveling to our office, we will meet with you at your house, the hospital, or any meeting place you designate.

We suggest you contact us before giving any statements. The opposing insurance company has no legal basis to require you to give a recorded statement. Anytime you give a recorded statement you should be thoroughly prepared by a trained attorney because a recorded statement can later be used against you.

Yes. Our law firm is staffed in such a way that our employee can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We are ready, willing, and able to discuss a claim with you 24/7.

We are a results oriented law firm. On a personal injury case, we work on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid if we help you collect money. If we are successful in obtaining a recovery for you, a percentage of the recovery will be paid to us as a fee.

A medical authorization gives the insurance company the right to contact your doctor. Sometimes this can result in the insurance company harassing your doctor. Don’t sign a medical authorization until you contact an attorney.

No. If the insurance company for the person who caused the injury is willing to volunteer a fair settlement, you do not have to bring a lawsuit in order to obtain a recovery. We are skilled at negotiating settlements without filing a lawsuit. In the event the insurance company is not willing to negotiate fairly, we will then proceed with filing a lawsuit, if you so desire. We are by your side through the whole process.

If you are a competent adult, over the age of 18, and are injured, you must bring the lawsuit in your own name. If you are a minor, under the age of 18, or an incompetent adult, then suit must be brought by either your parents or a court-appointed guardian.

You must file your case within the Statute of Limitations, a fixed period of time dictated by the law. In many injury cases, you are required to bring your case within two or three years from the date of the event that caused the injury. For an explanation of these time limits, always consult with a lawyer experienced in these matters.

You have the right to change lawyers, however your initial attorney will usually be entitled to payment for services rendered up to the time of dismissal. The lawyer will be paid from the fee earned at the conclusion of the case. Your new lawyer will usually work out an arrangement whereby the fee is split between the two lawyers.

Yes. Under Florida’s comparative negligence rules, you may still have a case even though you were partly at fault in causing an accident. These cases are very fact specific and you should consult with a lawyer.

Remember who the adjuster works for: an insurance company. They have one goal: to settle your case for the least amount of money possible. What may seem like a fair offer to you could fall far short of any amount of money settled through a lawyer. It is a good idea to consult with us before accepting any offer made to you by an insurance company.

There is no set amount. The primary reason you need an attorney is to help you evaluate your case. We are experienced in evaluating cases based on how juries react in similar cases. This gives us guidance as to how to advise you regarding a fair settlement. The amount of your medical expenses, the nature and severity of your injury, time lost from work, and other factors help us in determining the value of your case. Predicting the outcome of any case is almost impossible. We can only give you a very general idea of the value of your case based on prior similar injuries, but usually cannot predict a specific recovery. Reputable attorneys will not speculate on the exact value of a case.

Yes. In addition to personal injury, we handle wrongful death, professional malpractice and social security disability. Specifically we handle almost any type of injury or death including but not limited to the following:

  • Car Accidents
  • Wrongful Death
  • Truck Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Whiplash injuries
  • Head / Brain Injuries
  • Spinal Cord Injuries
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Slip / Trip & Fall
  • Dog Bites
  • Workers Compensation
  • Social Security Disability
  • Nursing Home Neglect
  • Defective Products

Injury attorneys at Brooks Law Group are highly trained in Florida automobile injury claims. Our law firm offers Florida accident attorneys with over 40 years of experience.

We encourage you to review other parts of the firm’s website to give you more background and insight on Brooks Law Group.

Our injury attorneys fight insurance companies everyday. We are well known and respected by the insurance industry and opposing attorneys. We have built a solid reputation for successful injury litigation.

Our law firm offers a caring, responsible team of Florida injury attorneys, paralegals, case managers and legal secretaries that will work to achieve the compensation you deserve. Any accident involving a vehicle can result in difficult hospital situations and insurance companies that do not have your best interest in mind. Consult our automobile accident attorneys to determine the following about a Florida automobile injury.

No. Based on the information insurance agents and insurance carriers provide us, simply because an injured person pursues a claim does mean that their insurance premium will be increased. It is when a person’s negligent or wrongful acts cause injury that their own insurance premiums are increased.

If you are interested in receiving help on your potential claim, please contact us for Free Case Evaluation (Secure Online) or call at 1-800-LAW-3030 (800-529-3030).

Please be sure to provide us with as much information as is reasonably available. The quality of our evaluation is dependent upon the accuracy of the information you provide to us.

Any initial consultation with us is free. For more information, call us at 1-888-WE-MEAN-IT (888-936-3264), or by e-mail.

I routinely work with doctors and healthcare providers to keep them from sending my clients to collections for unpaid bills. Often, I can keep them from sending bills to collections if we agree in writing that we will pay them first once we get paid on a settlement or judgment. When there is not enough insurance coverage to pay all of the bills, I can usually get healthcare providers to reduce their bills low enough that there is still money leftover for my clients.

Yes. Your personal injury protection insurance provides 60% of your wage loss based on the amount of PIP coverage you have. If your injuries are permanent and you are forced to find a new line of work, the other party should have to pay for any future lost wages and retraining costs. We can hire a vocational rehabilitation expert to determine how much your future lost wages and retraining expenses will be, so we can make these costs part of any settlement or judgment.

We serve all of Florida, and have a toll free number, 1-800-LAW-3030 for people who live outside the Tampa Bay area.

Once you sign a release your case is over. You cannot possibly know the extent of your medical injuries until weeks or months after the accident. Do not let an insurance company intimidate you into a quick settlement. DON’T SIGN any releases until you speak with an attorney.

It varies greatly depending on the case. Each case is unique in its own way. The value of a case is usually determined by insurance coverage and the severity of the injuries sustained as a result of an accident.