I often get asked by new clients how long their personal injury case is going to take. The easiest way to answer this question is to look at the stages of a personal injury claim. Each claim is factually and medically driven and will take its own unique path.
Personal injury stages: In a nutshell
- Intake process and Treatment
- Investigation of scene, property damage and injury
- Treatment of injuries until reaching MMI-Maximum Medical Improvement
- Negotiating with the Insurance Company/Companies (The Demand)
- Filing a Lawsuit (If necessary)
- Filing Initial Set of Discovery
These are the eight stages of a personal injury claim. In most cases, our clients will only have to go to stage 4. You’re probably wondering what all of these stages mean. What is the Initial Intake appointment like? What is a Demand? Or perhaps, what happens between filing a lawsuit and a possible Trial? More will be revealed in the following blogs. I am here to educate you so if you are ever involved in a personal injury claim, you are prepared.