Being involved in a car accident is scary, no matter how minor. Injuries, damages, and even deaths are all potential effects of vehicle collisions. They can traumatize both drivers and passengers, even if they did not sustain any physical injury. Hundreds of accidents occur each week in Tampa. In each one, drivers face the same question: “What do I do now?”
What to do after a car accident? 5 Tips
In the midst of the trauma and the shock, it can be hard to make the proper judgment call. What is necessary to protect yourself and others, both physically and legally? That’s why the team at Brooks Law Group has worked to create this list of tips. It’s a result of years of working with accident victims in and around the Tampa Bay area.
This is what your attorney wants you to know if you find yourself in a collision.
- Call for help. 9-1-1 is the first number you should call following an accident, no matter how minor. Getting emergency services on the scene is the top priority. They will assess injuries, if any, and make sure everyone involved receives the proper care.
- Take Pictures. After the medical treatment of any and all injuries, those who are uninjured and left behind should look over the scene. As the victim, you should take pictures of your vehicle: These should include close-ups of the damage, any related property damage, and pictures of the scene from multiple angles.
- Exchange Information. All involved drivers should exchange insurance information as quickly as possible. This, along with the police report, will be some of the most important information. It’s the basis for getting the damages covered by the at-fault party and their insurance company.
- Contact Your Own Insurer. Even if the accident isn’t your fault: it’s still a good idea to contact your insurance company. Seek their guidance, and let them know what’s going on.
- Contact Your Tampa Car Accident Attorney. That means call Brooks Law Group! We’re ready to help you as you navigate the days, weeks, and months following your accident.
Your Accident Attorneys in Tampa
As accident attorneys, we have vast experience in dealing with collisions of all kinds in and around the Tampa area. We work hard to give clients peace of mind from the very first day they put their cases in our hands. Our top priority is getting the justice you deserve and the compensation you need to heal and move forward in life. If an accident happens to you: Look to Brooks!