Nearby Motorcycle Injury Lawyer in Lakeland, FL
If you were hurt in a motorcycle crash due to someone else’s negligence, the Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyers of Brooks Law Group can help you pursue justice and fair compensation.
Many motorcycle crashes aren’t caused by the rider, but instead by other drivers on the road. Motorcycles are smaller and are not as easy to see in traffic. That’s why a driver who is not paying enough attention, driving aggressively, or disregards traffic laws could cause a catastrophic injury accident.
When this happens, you shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial burden that comes with a severe injury. The party responsible for the accident should be held accountable, and they should compensate you for all of the expenses you incur due to their actions.
Unfortunately, the at-fault driver’s insurance company may be unwilling to pay you the full amount of compensation you deserve. However, with an aggressive and skilled motorcycle accident attorney in Lakeland on your side, you could recover the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
At Brooks Law Group, we take your case personally. Our team goes above and beyond for our clients. We’re standing by to help you if you’ve sustained injuries in a motorcycle crash in Lakeland.
Call us, use our contact form, or chat with us live to schedule a free consultation to discuss your rights and legal options today.
Compensation after a Motorcycle Accident in Lakeland
Securing compensation for a motorcycle crash can be challenging. While insurance company representatives may act concerned about you, their job is to protect the company’s bottom line.
The best way to make sure that you seek fair compensation for your injury is to hire a Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer who is well-prepared, who understands the insurance company’s tactics, and who will fight for your rights.
Our team is dedicated to making sure that you are compensated for all your expenses and losses. The compensation that you could receive includes payments for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Permanent injuries and disabilities
- Lost pay
- Loss of future earnings and earning capacity
- Property damage, including repair or replacement of your motorcycle
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life or companionship
Complications in Motorcycle Accident Claims
Some complications in motorcycle accident claims are due to the serious physical and psychological trauma associated with a crash. It could take years for a biker to recover from catastrophic injuries. In some cases, the victim might never be able to return to the life they once knew.
Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include traumatic brain injuries, neck and spinal cord injuries, broken limbs, amputations, joint damage, back injuries, and facial disfigurement. Complications from these injuries could include blood clots, nerve damage, muscle atrophy, learning disabilities, or depression.
Under the threshold injury requirement of Florida law, a motorcycle accident must result in serious impairment of bodily functions or serious disfigurement or death to seek compensation from the at-fault party.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Lakeland
To best protect your health and your legal rights, take these actions immediately after a motorcycle accident:
- Call 911. If you require emergency medical attention, ask the dispatcher to send an ambulance and get medical attention immediately.
- Request the presence of an officer at the scene to make an accident report. Provide only the basic information. After several days, request and obtain a copy of the police report.
- Do not offer an apology to anyone, which could be mistaken for an admission of fault.
- Refrain from discussing how you are feeling in any detail. Insurance companies may take a general expression like “I’m fine” out of context and argue that you weren’t hurt.
- Gather information, including contact info, driver’s license number, license plate number, insurance specifics, and contact details from every motorist involved. Also, obtain contact information from any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the scene before the removal of the vehicles and the change of conditions.
- Retain all paperwork including police, hospital, and doctor’s reports, as well as medical bills and other expenses and documents that relate to the accident and injuries. In your personal file, include your own statement about the crash, writing down everything you remember while it is still fresh. Bring all this documentation to the Lakeland motorcycle attorney lawyer’s office when you’ve scheduled an appointment.
- Contact our Florida board-certified motorcycle accident lawyers.
- Avoid speaking with insurance adjusters or company lawyers.
- Never sign any release or waiver or anything else for any company or insurance representative without first clearing it with your motorcycle accident attorney.
- Follow all medical advice and concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
How Our Motorcycle Injury Attorneys in Lakeland Can Help
Brooks Law Group concentrates on personal injury cases, and we are particularly experienced in helping victims of motorcycle accidents. In fact, we wrote a book on Florida motorcycle accidents! This free book is available upon request.
Our team thoroughly investigates each motorcycle accident by going out to the crash scene and reviewing property damage. We consider the road conditions and other factors that may have contributed to causing the accident. Brooks Law Group thoroughly documents, gathers, and analyzes all of the evidence to build the best case to negotiate or litigate your claim.
We possess the necessary resources to cover all of the costs of the investigation and legal expenses until you reach a satisfactory settlement or are awarded compensation in court. We don’t charge you a dime unless and until you get the justice you deserve.
Contact the Experts at Brooks Law Group Today!
Reach out to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lakeland at Brooks Law Group today for a free consultation about your legal rights and options. Call us, fill out our website response form, send us an email, or speak with us via live chat.