Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney in Lakeland, FL
Experiencing a car accident is always traumatic. If you have suffered injuries as a result of an accident involving an Uber, Lyft, or other ride-share vehicle in Lakeland, you may be confused about how to proceed.
If the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need a qualified attorney to protect your rights and seek compensation to recover from your injuries.
In Lakeland, call an Uber and Lyft accident attorney immediately after seeking medical attention. You need to do that before you speak with any insurance representative. The attorneys at Brooks Law Group are ready to provide a free consultation and claim review now.
Who may be responsible for an Uber or Lyft Accident in Lakeland?
Because rideshare drivers are on the road so much, they are at increased risk for car accidents, regardless of how good of a driver he or she is. There are many times when the rideshare driver could have done nothing to avoid a collision and another driver is at fault.
If you were riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle and another driver was at fault for the crash that injured you, you would likely pursue compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage.
Uber and Lyft drivers can also be liable for an accident, perhaps if they’ve been on the road for too long or get distracted. Whether you were a passenger in the Uber or Lyft vehicle or the occupant of another vehicle involved in the crash, you may be able to pursue compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance coverage.
A skilled Uber and Lyft accident attorney at Brooks Law Group can evaluate your case and determine which parties were responsible for the crash that caused your injuries.
Compensation Available After a Lyft or Uber Accident
Whether the Uber or Lyft driver or another driver was at fault for causing the accident that resulted in your injuries as a passenger, you may be entitled to compensation.
Rideshare companies provide insurance coverage with limits that may be significantly higher than a typical private motorist’s. Up to $1 million in coverage may be available. If the driver of the Uber or Lyft vehicle was at fault for the crash, then you may be entitled to compensation under the corporate insurance policy. This policy covers pedestrians, other motorists, and passengers if they were injured by an Uber or Lyft vehicle.
Rideshare drivers, if on the app, will have either $50,000 in coverage if looking for fares, but not yet matched with a potential passenger, or $1 million if a match has been made or a driver is transporting a rider.
Because rideshare liability insurance coverage can be complicated, it is best to hire an experienced Uber and Lyft accident lawyer to sort through the complex details of the claim. Brooks Law Group is experienced in the complexities of Uber and Lyft accident cases and can help you to seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What to Do If You Are Injured in an Uber or Lyft Crash in Lakeland
Should you ever experience the trauma of a car accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle? Then you may be injured and confused about how to seek compensation for your injuries and rebuild your life. You should follow these steps:
- Call 911. If you are hurt, ask the dispatcher to send an ambulance and get medical attention immediately.
- Request that an officer be sent to the scene and report the accident. Provide only basic factual information, then request and obtain a copy of the police report.
- Do not discuss how you feel. You may not yet understand or feel the extent of your injuries.
- Get the driver’s license information, as well as
- plate numbers
- car registration
- vehicle identification number (VIN)
- insurance information
- company information
- and contact details from everyone involved, incl. witnesses.
- Take pictures of the scene before vehicles have been removed and conditions change.
- Retain all documents for your attorney, including
- police reports
- medical reports
- as well as bills and expenses related to the accident and injuries.
- Include your own statement that includes everything you remember about the accident.
- Report the crash to the rideshare company. Inform the company that you were in a crash that involved one of their drivers. If you were a passenger in the Uber or Lyft, you may be able to report the crash through the app. Don’t speculate about the cause of the crash or discuss your injuries with the rideshare company.
- Call a Florida board-certified accident attorney as soon as you are able.
- Avoid speaking with insurance adjusters lawyers. Refer them to your lawyer instead.
- Do not sign any
- or anything else
for any company or insurance representative without discussing it with your lawyer first.
- Follow all medical advice and take time to recover from your injuries.
How Can a Lakeland Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Help Me?
The Uber and Lyft accident attorneys in Lakeland, FL at Brooks Law Group are ready to compassionately listen to your story. We will gather and analyze every document and detail of your accident. We will calculate your damages and build the strongest case possible for you to seek the most compensation.
Our attorneys will communicate and negotiate with the insurance adjusters and lawyers on your behalf while you recover from your injuries. If they will not agree to a satisfactory settlement, then our team will present your case in court and aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Lakeland Uber and Lyft attorneys now for a free consultation. Brooks Law Group has the necessary resources to investigate and cover all legal expenses until we win your case. We will not stop until you get the justice you deserve. We are here for you.