Winter in Florida? It’s time to get OUTSIDE!
Cooler temperatures mean more time outdoors for adults and kids alike, and many parents of young children cherish days at the park or playground when they don’t have to worry about overheating, not bringing enough water, or their little ones being burned on the play equipment. Winter Haven has a plethora of fun parks that families frequent throughout the week, including:
- Trailhead Park Playground on Avenue G
- Rotary Park on 6th Street
- Kiwanis Park on Ave C
- Chain of Lakes Downtown Trailhead Park on 4th Street
and many more local nature walks, playgrounds, and recreational parks for the public to enjoy. We love and support our local community play areas because we believe in encouraging physical activity and fresh air for people of all ages. Kids especially thrive when given time outdoors, and during the school year, it’s especially important as they spend more time indoors during their school days and need time to burn off energy. Time to play outside and get physical activity helps them rest better at night, improves focus during their studies and activities, and aids in lung and heart health. Even with all these benefits though, it’s important to keep a few important safety tips in mind as you head out for playtime. Remember,
- to use sunscreen, even during the winter months.
- to have children wear secure, closed-toed shoes
- to supervise children constantly while on play equipment and in public areas
- to pack plenty of water so everyone stays hydrated
- to pay attention to age suggestions on the play equipment. It’s there for a reason!
- to closely monitor your kids in busy parking lots when you arrive and when you leave the playground
The team at Brooks Law Group loves seeing our local kids enjoying the beautiful sunshine and plentiful parks in our community. If your fun day at the playground turned into a nightmare though, we want to make sure you feel cared for and supported during this time. Accidents can and do happen at public parks and playgrounds, and when they do, victims can be left feeling confused, and unsure of which steps to take. We are here to hold your hand and walk you through the process of seeking the justice you and your child deserve, and the compensation you need to heal and move forward. We provide free, no-obligation consultations for victims and their families, so you can feel confident in your decision of choosing us to represent you and your case. Call us or request your meeting online.
Here’s to a great (and safe) year with more time outside!