On Monday, April 6th, Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Canady extended the COVID-19 Emergency Orders through May 29th. Local courts will continue the use of social distancing and remote technology. Remote technology utilized includes both video and phone hearings. Many services will remain limited.
How does this affect you?
What is suspended?
- Jury proceedings and Jury trials
- Grand jury and selection proceedings
- Criminal and Civil Jury Trials
- Foreclosure Sales
- Criminal Court pretrial conferences are suspended
- Speedy Trial time periods extended
- Marriage Ceremonies
- Passport Applications
What services are not suspended but limited?
- Protection Orders
- Child Support Information
- Tax Deed Sales
- Marriage License by appointment
Why Were the Orders Extended?
The order is to ensure the safety of the public during the COVID-19 crisis. Public access to court facilities is limited to litigants or court participants only. Check the court’s website or with your attorney for more information.
Brooks Law Group remains dedicated to you and the community during this time of crisis. We are open, so please call us if you need legal assistance.