If you have been hurt in an accident caused by another’s recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation through a Florida personal injury claim. Many people try to settle these claims on their own, thinking that they don’t need the help of a personal injury attorney. However, a lawyer can be a valuable asset during this stressful time.
How Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help Your Claim
- A personal injury lawyer can handle the details: Personal injury claims are complex. They must be proven with strong evidence. Examples include medical records, accident reports, photographs, and eyewitness statements. Gathering the relevant information is difficult for injured individuals to do on their own while they are recovering. A personal injury attorney knows what it takes to build a solid claim and can do all of the legwork so that you can focus on healing.
- Injury attorneys can level the playing field: Insurance claims adjusters are trained in tactics intended to deny or limit the amount of compensation you may receive. A skilled personal injury attorney knows all of these strategies and can help ensure that you are not manipulated into getting less than what you deserve.
- An experienced lawyer can prevent errors: Personal injury claims can be compromised by small mistakes, such as missing deadlines or accidentally saying something that could be used against you. A lawyer can protect you from errors so that your case is not over before it has even begun.
- Personal injury attorneys know what your case is worth: Insurance companies are aware that a claimant who has hired an attorney means business. That makes them more likely to reach a fair deal with you in a timely way.
- No fee unless you win: Most personal injury attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis. That means that you pay no legal fees unless the lawyer obtains a verdict or settlement on your behalf. You don’t have to worry about upfront costs while you’re contending with other expenses. The lawyer assumes the risk.
When to Hire an Injury Lawyer
Not all cases require a personal injury attorney’s help. Consider speaking to a lawyer right away if:
- Your accident resulted in serious injuries or someone’s death.
- You or your family have been emotionally impacted by your injuries.
- The accident led to temporary or personal disability.
- You have missed work due to your injury.
- You are unsure of the full extent of your losses.
- You are concerned that the insurer’s settlement offer will not cover your losses.
Most personal injury law firms offer free consultations to potential clients. Don’t hesitate to call because you feel uncertain. Knowledge is power, especially when it comes to the law.
How Brooks Law Group Can Help Me
At Brooks Law Group, we know that the idea of hiring a Florida personal injury attorney can feel overwhelming. Our compassionate lawyers work to make every consultation as stress-free as possible. We can meet in your home or at any of our offices in Tampa, Winter Haven, Lakeland, or Auburndale.
You can trust our legal team to provide strong and diligent representation in pursuit of the best possible results for your personal injury claim.
Call 1-800-LAW-3030 or contact us today to arrange your free consultation.